How Much Can the 2019 Ram 1500 Pickup Truck Tow?
The 2019 Ram 1500 is stylish, comfortable and convenient. But above all else it’s a workhorse, offering a 12,750 lbs. best-in-class V8 engine towing capacity when properly equipped. Pulling capability is further enhanced through cutting edge technology.
Towing capability across the 2019 Ram 1500 lineup
A truck’s bragging rights are based on towing capacity, which means the 2019 Ram 1500 has a lot to boast about. Exactly how much each version of the pickup truck can tow depends on factors such as:
- Engine choice: Two engine options are available in the 2019 Ram 1500: a 3.6L Pentastar V6 (395 hp, 410 lb.-ft.) and a 5.7L HEMI V8 (395 hp, 410 lb.-ft.). Mild-hybrid e-Torque assist is standard on the V6; optional on the V8. Both engines pair with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Cab style and wheelbase configuration: The Ram 1500 is available in Quad Cab and Crew Cab body styles. Wheel base options include 140.5”, 153.5” and 144.5” lengths.
- Drivetrain layout: Rear wheel drive comes standard on the Ram 1500; four-wheel drive is optional.
- Axle ratio: Both standard and premium rear axle ratios are available in the 2019 Ram 1500.
For 2019, the Ram 1500 is available in six trim levels: Tradesman, Big Horn/Lone Star, Rebel, Laramie, Longhorn and Limited. Each model packs impressive pulling ability. Towing capacity starts at 6,250 lbs. – for a V6-powered Big Horn/Lone Star model (3.21 axle ratio) – and tops out at 12,750 lbs. for a V8-powered Tradesman (3.92 axle ratio).
High-tech towing equipment
Harnessing the towing ability of the 2019 Ram 1500 is easy, thanks to an array of high-tech equipment offered onboard. Key available features include:
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and New Automatic Trailer Detection: This system, which is designed specifically for towing, automatically senses and accounts for trailer length when scanning blind spot zones.
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist: If you drift out of your lane while towing, LaneSense will provide a visual alert, then nudge the pickup truck back between the lines.
- Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking: In the case of an impending collision, Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking provides a driver alert, then automatically applies the brakes as needed to bring the vehicle to a stop.
- Active Level Four Corner Air Suspension: A class-exclusive feature, the air suspension provides a level ride while towing.
- ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera: Lining up your trailer and hitch is easy, thanks to the ParkView Back Up Camera.
- Trailer Sway Control: Standard Trailer Sway Control recognizes trailer sway and takes corrective actions – such as automatically applying the brakes and reducing engine power – to reduce unwanted movement.
- Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM): Keeping your truck centered and in control is important – especially while towing. ERM uses advanced technology to calculate wheel lift. If needed, the system automatically reduces engine power and applies the brakes to get the truck under control.
Tow more, save more at Douglas Jeep Chrysler Dodge
Do you need a hardworking pickup truck that can tow for both work and play? Then head down to Douglas Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram, the leading Ram dealer in Venice, FL. We have a full lineup of Ram trucks ready for a test drive.